My old attitude has become my new attitude & kicked my former attitude to the curb

There were so many experiences/choices that people cheat themselves out of for whatever reason or circumstance. I would not have my small craft business had I not been curious. I am still curious about so many things and I feel this enormous pressure to find out about all of them, but there's just not enough time in life to do it all. At my teacher's heart is a learner.

I've learned about shipping and can pack the most fragile object to arrive in one piece no matter how far it's shipped. I've been a cheese monger and learned that the most disgusting smell, imo, is a special Roquefort. Gagging as soon as I opened it to slice a "sample" for a customer, who decided he'd like a pound of it, tyvm. No way would that come into my home. I've been an assistant in a grocery bakery and learned that all of the "freshly made" are mostly prepared at central bakeries and then warmed & finished at the local store. 

I've been praised and I've been spat upon.  A customer abruptly turned & walked out as I was checking to see if we were allowed to ship ammo. I've been cussed out. I've been thanked and I've had customers say to the co. that I should be training others in customer service. At the end of the day, I hope that I've helped everyone and held on to my sanity and manners.

The world is my classroom now, and it is a most wonderful place to be.

 


Comments

Popular Posts